HEKA stimulus plugin
Combine the power of simulations and electrophysiological recordings! HEKA stimulus plugin allows you to export simulated data trace as "stimulus template" that can be instantly used in HEKA Electronics PatchMaster software as a clamping command. For example, you can use simulated action potentials as commands in voltage clamp mode ("action potential clamp") or simulated currents as commands in current clamp mode.
HEKA stimulus plugin interface.
Features of HEKA stimulus plugin
- Instantly generate stimulus templates from simulated traces. Apply simulated voltage trace as a command in voltage clamp mode, or simulated current trace as a command in current clamp mode.
- Use the full power of Enhanced Simucore Models - select any model of your choice to simulate traces, modify model parameters to simulate different physiological conditions, block or stimulate individual currents, simulate effects of mutations, recreate voltage clamp or current clamp experiments.
- Improve the quality of your patch-clamp experiments. Simulated current traces are free from contamination by superimposed currents or any background activity.
- Enhance reproducibility of you results - model parameters that are used to simulate action potentials or currents can be saved and restored at the later date. The simulated trace is mathematically exact every time you generate it.
- Available models of human cardiac action potentials can be used to avoid regulatory restrictions imposed on human tissue experiments.
- Full support for HEKA PatchMaster pulse generator features including selection of the DA channel and sweep number allow you to set complex experiments.
Simulated AP trace shown in CESE Plus.
Simulated AP is used as a command in PatchMaster software.